1. General Objective
The main objective of the program is to produce competent graduates in Management Information Systems, who can join the business and the industry with a potential to work as Information Systems Analyst, Database and System Administrator, Information Resource Manager and Information Systems Consultant.
2. Specific Objectives
The Specific Objectives of the MIS program are to:
- Develop business-oriented systems professionals who have experience in improving organizational processes while participating in problem-solving teams in project-oriented environments;
- Enable students to identify and internalize organizational problems and opportunities that can be solved and enhanced by information technology;
- Prepare students with the communication skills needed to act as liaison officers between technical and non-technical members of information system development teams;
- Prepare students to design various aspects of information systems, including databases, processes, networks, and interface components;
- Equip students with the necessary power and tools that are required to lead and manage information system development team; and
- Enable students to have the required knowledge to manage business and other Information Systems.