The Department of Management and Marketing Management seeks to:
- Equip students with relevant knowledge and skills that help them lead and manage organizations of the 21st century; and
- Deliver quality instruction that stimulates innovation, develops managerial and analytical skills, builds problem-solving abilities, and promotes communication proficiency that is required of professional managers.
Specifically, the Department is committed to produce qualified managers who can:
- Hold managerial positions within the different functional areas of management in different organizations;
- Set purposes, strategies, objectives, policies and procedures for business and non-business organizations;
- Plan, organize, direct and control the human, financial, material and information resources of a given organization;
- Manage the activities of different undertakings that are related to the marketing, human resource, materials, production, logistics, information system, finance and others;
- Effectively lead working with and through others; make sound decisions and manage conflicts;
- Search and exploit opportunities as well as tackle problems;
- Handle the challenges of the highly complex and competitive business environment;
- Undertake research and consultancy activities in management areas; and
- Design systems, initiate improvement and innovations.