The Department of Accounting and Finance seeks to:
- Fulfill the primary mission of delivering quality instruction that provides students with a general educational foundation; and
- Equip comprehensive understanding of general business concepts and principles, requisite conceptual and technical knowledge of accounting and finance; and basis for multi-dimensional roles required of professional auditors, accountants and financial managers.
Specifically, the Department is committed to produce qualified accountants who can:
- Handle general accounts;
- Apply cost accounting;
- Prepare budget both for business and non-business organizations;
- Produce financial reports for all forms of organizations and make appropriate interpretation and analysis for decision making;
- Examine accounting and financial records (auditing);
- Make financial-related and investment decisions;
- Analyze information for planning and control;
- Prepare and appraise project proposal; and
- Undertake research activities in the area of accounting and finance.